So I jumped into the new Amazon Selling Partner API (SP-API) documentation. This API replaces the MWS (Marketplace Web Services) that will be obsolete by the end of 2022.

When I did the MWS stuff back in 2016, I had a LOT of help with "signing" the requests. This was the absolute most difficult part of the whole thing. The new SP-API also requires a "signature" using "AWS4-HMAC-SHA256" (AWS Signature Version 4). The old MWS used MD5 and added the signature to the query string. With SP-API the signature is added to the header of each request.

https://developer-docs.amazon.com/sp-api/docs/connecting-to-the-selling-partner-api#step-3-add-headers-to-the-uri

What's even more complicated is having to request a restricted data token for each type of request that access PII (i.e. a shipping address). In other words, if you're listing orders you need one. Then when you list items you need another (or at least that's how I understand it).

So what I'm getting at is this... I'm wondering how difficult it would be (or even if its possible) to use one of the Java SDK's to handle all this for me (calling within RPG). I have never really done anything like that before. I don't know Java, or really any language other than RPG.

What are your thoughts?
Should I just take my old code and modify it for the new requirements?
Or, should I try to do this with a Java SDK?

Better yet, has anyone already figured this out?

TIA,
Greg
[Logo]<https://www.totalbizfulfillment.com/> Greg Wilburn
Director of IT