Hi Gio

I think you might be at an earlier release of the operating system. At 7.1 I see that named constants cannot be used as host variables. Take a look at this link -
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.1?topic=uhviiratus-declaring-host-variables-in-ile-rpg-applications-that-use-sql

Now the 7.2 version of this page says the same thing, but I'm not sure - I just compiled a module from that source on a 7.4 box with TGTRLS(V7R2M0), and it compiled. And CTRPGM worked.

So maybe there was a PTF for 7.2, I haven't looked. Now the same knowledge page for 7.3 suggests simple named constants CAN be used as host variables.

Anyhow, it worked on a 7.5 machine, as well as a 7.4 machine with TGTRLS(V7R2M0).

Regards
Vern