While looking to modify our ERP software, I encountered a situation where parameter definitions vary between programs.
To explain...

OE049 is called from quite a few different programs. The CALL is as follows:
c call 'OE049'
c parm psc000
c parm psc001
c parm psc002
c parm totals

All parameters are data structures.
My question is around the last parameter TOTALS.

In OE049 it is defined as length 204
d totals ds
d wontt$ 01 13 2
d wofrt$ 14 26 2
d wotxt$ 27 39 4
d wottt$ 40 52 2
d wonts$ 53 65 2
d wofrs$ 66 78 2
d wotxs$ 79 91 4
d wotts$ 92 104 2
d wontb$ 105 117 2
d wofrb$ 118 130 2
d wotxb$ 131 143 4
d wottb$ 144 156 2
d wstxc1 157 159
d wstxc2 160 162
d wstxc3 163 165
d wotxt1 166 178 4
d wotxt2 179 191 4
d wotxt3 192 204 4

In some of the calling programs it varies from 156 to 165 to 204

How can this be? Could this cause problems?

I ask because I'm about to add a 5th (optional) parameter to the call to OE049.

Greg
[Logo]<https://www.totalbizfulfillment.com/> Greg Wilburn
Director of IT
301.895.3792 ext. 1231