**free
ctl-opt Option(*NoSrcStmt) DftActGrp(*No);

dcl-pr crtuuidr extpgm('CRTUUIDR');
pUuid char(36);
end-pr;

dcl-pr GenUuid ExtProc('_GENUUID');
UUID_template pointer Value;
end-pr;

dcl-pr cvthc ExtProc('cvthc');
result char(65534) options(*varsize);
source char(32767) options(*varsize);
resultSize int(10) value;
end-pr;

dcl-pi crtuuidr;
pUuid char(36);
end-pi;

dcl-ds UUID_template;
UtBytPrv uns(10) Inz( %Size(UUID_template));
UtBytAvl uns(10);
Version char(1) Inz(x'04');
*N char(7) Inz( *Allx'00' );
UUID char(16);
Reply char(1);
end-ds;

dcl-c upper 'ABCDEF';
dcl-c lower 'abcdef';
dcl-s str char(32);

GenUuid( %Addr( UUID_template ));
cvthc(str:uuid:%size(str));
pUuid = %xlate(upper:lower:%subst(str:1:8) + '-'
+ %subst(str:9:4) + '-'
+ %subst(str:13:4) + '-'
+ %subst(str:17:4) + '-'
+ %subst(str:21:12));
*inlr = *on;

tir. 19. apr. 2022 kl. 15:03 skrev issemDan <residentialsleeper@xxxxxxxxx>:

I have read some past posts regarding this however, I can't seem to get
this to work. I have been using the _GENUUID function and the returned UUID
field displays garbage characters.
I'm on version 7.2. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to
generate a UUID? I need in following example format:
123e4567-e89b-12d3-a456-426614174000

See below code:
D UUID_template Ds
D UtBytPrv 10u 0 Inz( %Size( UUID_template ))
D UtBytAvl 10u 0
D 8a Inz( *Allx'00' )
D UUID 16a

D GenUuid PR ExtProc('_GENUUID')