Reading the help text for the system value QDEVRCYACN you can set this to *MSG
*MSG
Signals the I/O error message to the user's application program.
The application program performs error recovery.

I have not tested this but I would expect this option would work with ON-EXIT.

Has anyone tried/tested this to know what message and I presume it is an escape message with severity 40 or more ?

Cheers
Don

On 2022-03-03 19:16, Francois Lavoie wrote:
By default, the system value QDEVRCYACN (Device I/O error action) is
set to disconnect the device and send an error message (*DSCMSG)
You can change the default to *ENDJOB so the job will be ended when a
user kills the Windows session

HTH

I am able to automatically end a program when the screen sits idle for
a specific amount of time.

I am trying to have the same program end when the user clicks on the
Red X [The windows X].

I am not able to trap that condition successfully using %status or
Monitor. When I test it, the job goes to DSC status. When I sign on to
that display session again and enter an option 1 to attach to the
prior job, my logic then runs and handles the prior Cancel. However,
it leaves the files and job open until the user reattaches.

Has anyone been able to have an RPG program gracefully end when the
user clicks the windows Red X?

Thank you,

Doug
Confidentiality Warning/Avertissement de confidentialité:

This message is intended only for the named recipients. This message
may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are
not the named recipient, its employee or its agent, please notify us
immediately and permanently destroy this message and any copies you
may have. Ce message est destiné uniquement aux destinataires dûment
nommés. Il peut contenir de l'information privilégiée ou
confidentielle. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire dûment nommé, son
employé ou son mandataire, veuillez nous aviser sans tarder et
supprimer ce message ainsi que toute copie qui peut en avoir été
faite.

--
This email has been scanned for computer viruses. Although MSD has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, MSD cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments..