I have a program that takes a manifest# and a pick ticket# and returns a
qty. I would like to have it as a UDF so I could use it to UPDATE a table
with that info.

I found some info on the great rpgpgm.com, so I wrote my UDF wrapper.
My Full code here, https://code.midrange.com/9430223040.html,

Snip here
dcl-proc GetPPKQty export ;
dcl-pi GetPPKQty int(5);
ppManifest zoned(8) const ;
ppInvoice char(16) const;
end-pi ;
dcl-s outPcs int(5) ;

My SQL Create
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION WHSLIB.WHSO643R (ppManifest
DECIMAL(8,0),ppInvoice Char(16))
RETURNS INT
LANGUAGE RPGLE
DETERMINISTIC
NO SQL
EXTERNAL NAME 'WHSLIB/WHSO643R(GETPPKQTY)'
PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL
PROGRAM TYPE SUB ;

When I try to run my SQL update I get a decimal error.

select sdinvoice, sdmanif#, sdqty, whso643r(sdmanif#,sdinvoice)
from xxxr021

I tried to STRDBG on the UDF but that I get Pointer not set for location
referenced.