<Greg>
Without getting into the details... I made a mistake adding a procedure to a service program. I need to remove it.
This SRVPGM is used all over the place.
Can I simply remove it, recompile the module and then UPDSRVPGM?
</Greg>

first of all: you have to be sure, that this procedure isn't used anywhere!!! If the remove of the procedure is caused by the remove from a module, you have to besure, taht the module isn't bound to another SRVPGM or bound by copy to another program.
To avoid problems, I would recommend following guidelines:
- use unique export names all over your applications by prefexing all export names by the name of the module (for convenience, this could be don in the prototypes)
- to have a simple crossreference from export to import: use crtxxxmod and CRTPGM/CRTSRVPGM and don't delete the modules. So you could use DSPMOD ... DETAIL(*IMPORT) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) and DSPMOD ... DETAIL(*EXPORT) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE). If the cross refernce is up to date, you could use SQL to decide if an export is used anywhere.
- don't use UPDSRVPGM, rebind your SRVPGM - same for UPDPGM

D*B