I have just had a look at our binding directories and all are *IMMED

Many were created long ago and I think new service programs have been
added just copying.

I also notice when doing a dspsrvpgm <service_program> that the IBM
service programs are also *IMMED

Example

Service
Program Library Activation
QRNXIE QSYS *IMMED
QRNXIO QSYS *IMMED
QRNXUTIL QSYS *IMMED

So from what I have read I should have no concern in changing our
application binding directory entries to *DEFER and recreating our service
programs ?

Is that correct ?

Thanks

Don