Peter thanks for that. I'll check it out.

But let me tell you that I finally could get what I wanted. I went back to
my original RPG program that uses the DDS display file, and when I got the
timeout, I created an input buffer with QsnCrtBuf() so that I could use it
with the QsnReadMDTImmAlt() API. That's the one that does the trick.
It returned me the fields that I modified and then the screen timed out
because I didn't hit any AID-generating key. The only thing is that the
data is in another buffer, not the display file's buffer.

The goal here was not getting to time out, but to retrieve what was not
being returned back to the program because of the timeout.

So one out of two things must happen, either the user could type in all the
info on the screen within the timeout period, which is OK, or they could at
least type in some info but then time was up and those changes were not
being retrieved. The latter is what they want, because there is a retry
option so that what they had already typed in can be saved and save them
time so they don´t have to retype.

The QsnReadMDTImmAlt API is the hero. There are a few more things to do to
actually get those modified fields with other DSM APIs, but I already got
what I needed.

Thanks again!

message: 4
date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:02:51 -0700
from: Peter Dow <petercdow@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Using a timeout with display files

Javier,

Just fyi, I tested DSM APIs with a DDS file and sleep() to have it
timeout, and posted the code at

https://code.midrange.com/426e55b724.html

--
*Peter Dow* /