An easy solution to the multi-tenant problem is to duplicate the object
library, or to have a library with critical SQL programs duplicated from
the base library. There would be a slight impact on program maintenance
(change a program and have to distribute it to multiple libraries) and
possibly storage usage (multiple copies of the same program). I don't like
duplicated code, source or object, but this approach seems like a
reasonable tradeoff.

I'm surprised to learn access plans are stored with the program...but then
one high-use table could end of with thousands of access paths tied to it
and that would make the table object very large. Perhaps an "access plan
object" is a solution.

This is not a welcome revelation.