On 2021-06-17 2:13 p.m., Alan Shore via RPG400-L wrote:
I have heard that if /free and /end-free are used, your code can go past column 80
Otherwise, using freeform without /free /end-free - you can ONLY use up to column 80
OR the other way around

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Deny :-)

/free and /end-free are no longer meaningful.

You might be thinking of **FREE. If you code **FREE starting in column 1 of the first line of your source, your code can start in column 1 and there is no limit on the length of the line.

If you are in **FREE source, /free and /end-free are not allowed.

If you are not in **FREE source, /free and /end-free are ignored. If your code has blanks in column 6 and 7, it is assumed to be free-form, but it can't go beyond column 80.