Usual cause of this error is that you forgot to add the option doc=file and it is reading the file name and trying to make sense of it as json.

Jon Paris

On Jun 15, 2021, at 8:46 AM, Stephen Piland <Stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Makes sense, Scott. Thanks! Not that I think about it, I have seen notes regarding that.

I am now getting RC = 1002 on the Data-Into command. I don't see an invalid character in file. IFS file is CCSID 1252. Job running as CCSID 37. Seems odd that parser thinks that file is 56 bytes when display attributes shows as 6884.

Any additional thoughts? Thanks!

=============================
Data length 56 bytes
Data CCSID 13488
Converting data to UTF-8
Allocating YAJL stream parser
Parsing JSON data (yajl_parse)
YAJL parser status 2 after 2 bytes
YAJL parser final status: 2
YAJL error: lexical error: invalid char in json text.

ReportError, RC = 1002
- Bytes parsed: 2
Terminating due to error