You'll get a moderately-useful message in the program status data structure
when the wait on the locked record times out. It's an 80-character field.

// Program status data structure
dcl-ds @@pgm_ds psds;
@@pgm char(10);
@@sc zoned(5);
@@psts zoned(5);
@@sn char(8);
@@rout char(8);
@@prms zoned(3);
@@em char(7);
@@inst char(4);
@@msgw char(30);
@@plib char(10);
@@emsg char(80);

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 1:08 PM <dfreinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks all,

I am using the message file in the display file. I shortened the time to 3
seconds on the CHAINs and READEs. So I send the message as a SNDPGMMSG to
the *SAME MSGQ. The message is displayed when the EXFMT is displayed. This
is working okay and so we'll use it this way.

The complication is as follows:
- PGM_A (interactive) calls PGM_B.
- PGM_B calls PGM_C.
- PGM_C finds the record lock and needs to tell PGM_A so that PGM_A can
display the message while PGM_C wait for the locks to be released.

PGM_C is called by many programs and is in batch some of the time so using
pop up screens is not do-able.

Darryl Freinkel
A4G
Telephone: 770.321.8562 Mobile: 678.355.8562