Hello Darryl,

Am 07.05.2021 um 17:03 schrieb dfreinkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I added the INFDS for the file, but when I CHAIN to the record, the RRN is
not populated into the data structure because the record was not read.

Does anyone know of a method to get the RRN of the locked record?

Dunno if this is possible with RPG III. If you catch the error "record is locked" to prevent the program from bailing out, and instead read again with the (N) extender, you'll get the record read-only and thus INFDS filled.

If (N) isn't possible, you may add a second F-Spec to the program, opening the same file as input only (and rename the record format in the f-spec, if again this is possible) and read the same record from the I/O file again.

:wq! PoC