On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 9:53 AM Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unix API's are much simpler than C API's. I have done a ton of processing
using UNIX api's and wrote a wrapper service program that made them pretty
simple many years ago.

I still don't know which APIs you mean. As someone who studied Unix
and C long ago but hasn't used APIs much in RPG, it sounds weird to
see "Unix API" mentioned as something distinct from "C API". Unix and
C are so intertwined that for all intents and purposes, one set of
APIs *ought to be* a thin wrapper over the other.

Granted, one reason to wrap something is to provide a simpler
interface, so perhaps the Unix APIs are not just a thin wrapper, but
also a friendlier one.

Indeed, I'm sure your service program is especially RPG-friendly.

John Y.