Based on your requirements, I'd suggest scheduling the job to start at 0015
and have it do a SBMJOB right before it ends. Set the SCDTIME for SBMJOB
and skip the SMBJOB when it would occur the next day.

HTH

date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 17:00:10 -0600
from: Steve M via RPG400-L <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Recurring Interval Job

It sure seems like there should be an easier way to do this, so let's see
what everyone's done before.

I have an RPGLE program that needs to run at 15 and 45 minutes past the
hour, every hour, every day, exactly. There are other dependent jobs, so
the timing is important.

We have ROBOT installed, but when you use the job interval (run every 30
minutes) option, you lose the ability to choose the time the job runs the
first time; it's as soon as you place it into ROBOT. That's great right up
until we do an IPL each week and the return time from the IPL varies and
ROBOT would submit the first run of the job as soon as it returned from the
IPL (odds are that's not exactly on 15 or 45 past the hour). So that's not
a player.

The easiest solution has always been to create a CLLE that's submitted from
ROBOT (at a specific time each week sufficiently after the IPL on either a
15 or 45), and have that job then submit the RPGLE program and then do a
DLY(1800) and continue like that until the next IPL. I'm trying not to put
a never-ending job on the system, if possible, that spends 99.999% of it's
time just taking up space and being tracked by the system.

Has anyone come up with a better way to have a job execute (in this case
twice per hour), at a specific time, that doesn't involve having a
never-ending job running in the background?

Thanks,

Steve