No don't it. :)

Can SQL be faster than RPG, yes...very much so..

But simply replacing RPG op-codes with SQL equivalents isn't going to do
much for you.

See my other posts.

Charles

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM <smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately, the entire driver file is needed to build the summary file.
The driver is a transaction based file. It is rolled up to the summary
level so they don't have to chug through the transactions every time.
There
is no selection. Only a top to bottom keyed read.

I have tried to performance test this. The first day it ran for 3 hours.
The next day it ran for 1.5 hours. The third day was a little over 2
hours.
Same data, different durations. Apples, oranges, and bananas because of
system usage.

I guess unless I hear a "no, don't do that" from someone by tomorrow
morning, I will start diving into the swap to SQL.