On the other hand, you may mean something completely different.

As far as binding in a module, I think that is a terrible idea(My opinion
only). Reusable logic should be in a service program.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM <smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does being in a module affect the call stack? I didn't think that it
did.

If I include the copybook in my program, it works. If I use the same
copybook and compile to a module and bind the module to my program, it does
not.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Carel
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 5:53 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with message subfile

Adding it in a sub-procedure, you add 1 to the call stack.

Think your problem is the call stack value on the API.

Op 8-8-2020 om 23:11 schreef smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx:
For MANY years I have used the same messaging logic in 5250 programs
which involves using a copybook and now that I have made a slight
change to it, I can't figure out how to fix what I broke.

I have always used the variable sdsPgmNam which is part of the SDS.
Rather than including the copybook that has my SndMsg function in
every program, I decided to create a module (and will probably change
to use a service program at some point) with this and several other
functions and bind it in at compile time. The problem that I have run
into is that when I call the function now, sdsPgmNam is the name of
the module, not the name of the program. I've tried using some other
values such as *PGMBDY but I've apparently got something wrong because
I can't get the message into my subfile. Can anyone point me in the
right
direction on this?

Here is the SDS.

d sds