Thanks Charles, but I'm still receiving the same error.

I've moved on using EXPAT... I would still like to know what I'm doing wrong with XML-INTO. It's just been too long

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:50 PM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XML-INTO with a SOAP document

Think you want a path of
/Envelope/Body/GetRefundResponse

And then name your DS RefundResponse...

There's no element named "Response"

HTH,
Charles

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:07 PM Greg Wilburn <
gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry if I'm being thick... but I'm trying to parse an XML (SOAP) response
using XML-INTO a data structure. I thought XML-INTO would be easier (duh).

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... and all the examples I have
(and have found online) use either XML-SAX or EXPAT when dealing with SOAP

The document looks like this:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:soap="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
<soap:Body>
<GetRefundResponse xmlns="www.envmgr.com/LabelService">
<RefundResponse>
<ErrorMessage>string</ErrorMessage>
<RequesterID>string</RequesterID>
<RequestID>string</RequestID>
<Refund PicNumber="string" TransactionId="long" PieceNumber="int">
<RefundStatus>Approved or DeniedInvalid</RefundStatus>
<RefundStatusMessage>string</RefundStatusMessage>
</Refund>
<Refund PicNumber="string" TransactionId="long" PieceNumber="int">
<RefundStatus>Approved or DeniedInvalid</RefundStatus>
<RefundStatusMessage>string</RefundStatusMessage>
</Refund>
<FormId>string</FormId>
<BatchId>string</BatchId>
</RefundResponse>
</GetRefundResponse>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I've tried numerous iterations of the following.. I'm getting:
"The XML document does not match the RPG variable; reason code 1. The
specified path to the XML element was not found in the XML document."

dcl-ds Response qualified;
ErrorMessage varchar(256);
RequesterId varchar(10);
RequestId varchar(25);
// Refund likeds(refund_t) dim(99);
end-ds;

dcl-ds refund_t template;
@PicNumber varchar(50);
@TransactionId varchar(10);
RefundStatus varchar(15);
end-ds;

dcl-s xmlfile varchar(64);
dcl-s options varchar(256);

xmlfile = '/response.xml';

options = 'doc=file +

path=/soap:Envelope/soap:Body/GetRefundResponse/RefundResponse +
case=any +
allowextra=yes +
allowmissing=yes';

xml-into Response %xml(xmlfile: options);

** AND THIS **

options = 'doc=file +
path=/Envelope/Body/GetRefundResponse/RefundResponse +
case=any +
allowextra=yes +
allowmissing=yes ns=remove';

xml-into Response %xml(xmlfile: options);
at https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.