I had an inkling there were two versions... I downloaded the one from tools400, then used the IBM version.

I think the IBM version would be OK, but like Jon stated it seemed complex. Especially since I still have all my source code in physical files (not on the IFS).

From what I've looked at regarding IWS, that seems a bit more appropriate for hosting the web service rather than consuming one.

So I gather the consensus is to use WSDL2RPG (tools400 version) when consuming SOAP web services...

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 7:01 PM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: WSDL2RPG or not?

The WSDL2RPG that uses HTTP API that Jon refers to is here
http://tools400.de/English/Freeware/WSDL2RPG/wsdl2rpg.html

It's supported on Scott's HTTP API list.

Basically, it generates the Stub program in RPG you need to call using the
web service using HTTP API.

So it will save you time over hand coding the HTTP API calls, and
likely prevent error when translating the WSDL into the calls.

Charles