We’re using all new HP laser jet printers (both color and B&W). The laser printers have to support PDF-direct, which almost any printer made in the last few years support natively. It worked so well for our IBM I shop, that we replaced most of our old printers with new $150 printers from our local Best Buy store. All the printers have built-in ethernet, and configured as a 3812 printer on the AS400.

We even use this option to print PDF’s on our Zebra ZD500 label printers as well. PRTSTMF worked fine on all of them.