On 2020-06-23 6:26 a.m., Brian Parkins wrote:
Alan, checkout Chapter 3. File and Program Exception/Errors in the RPG IV manual, (PDF) or take a look here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzasd/filinda.htm

for complete free-format examples.  (Don't forget there are a number of separate feedback areas in the INFDS.)

Notice in the example here that the INT(5) at position 123 is called "SPOOL_NUM_OLD". There's another INT(10) subfield called "SPOOL_NUM" with the comment "6 digit Spoon Nbr". I don't know what happens when the spool number is too big to fit in the INT(5), but it seems like a good idea to just use the INT(10) subfield.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_74/rzasd/infdsopnfb.htm

DCL-DS OPNFBK;
SPOOL_NUM_OLD INT(5) POS(123); // Spool file num
RCD_LEN INT(5) POS(125); // Max record len
KEY_LEN INT(5) POS(127); // Max key len
MEMBER CHAR(10) POS(129); // Member name
TYPE INT(5) POS(147); // File type
ROWS INT(5) POS(152); // Num PRT/DSP rows
COLUMNS INT(5) POS(154); // Num PRT/DSP cols
NUM_RCDS INT(10) POS(156); // Num of records
SPOOL_NUM INT(10) POS(160); // 6 digit Spool Nbr