Ran across "this".

Where the dspf is defined in a procedure.

ds_window01 ds likerec(window01:*all) inz

the above ds is specified to correctly allocate the file(rcdfmt) to a ds as its supposed to.
when a char field is referenced in the dspf ds_window01.w1_char, it works fine, but when a numeric is defined, it will not return the value to the program.

so i have w1_numeric in the window01 and i've tried data types Y and S... when in debug and as soon as the exfmt returns, if you view ds_window01.w1_char, the value is there... if you view ds_window01.w1_numberic, the value is always 0's.

so... what special handling or data type assignment am I missing on this one?

tia

Jay