"I'm developing a JSON parser."

May I ask why Nathan? This sounds like reinventing the wheel when there are at least three really good parsers already available.

On Jun 2, 2020, at 12:11 PM, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're not well represented on stack overflow. We're a small niche in a
broad developer landscape. We may not get much respect. But if you take the
question at face value, "are we not developers", then yes we are! And we
can take pride in what we do.

My time is normally split between developing IBM i database applications on
one hand and framework or tooling on the other. In regard to database
applications, I have a few active projects. A special education product. A
personal education plan project. A project to modernize a dozen or so
payroll applications. In regard to tooling, I'm developing a JSON parser.
Also a report generator.

Nearly every day I receive notifications of organizations that are looking
for new software. Packages like human resource management, or products to
manage water treatment facilities. Sometimes these requests for proposals
are solicitations from existing customers who like our work ethic,
transparency, and value. But more often than not, they are looking for an
established product rather than a development contract. It makes me wish
that we had already developed that product and could simply offer a license.

The type of applications we develop and the markets that we serve are
geared to bring brand new customers into the IBM i community. That's why I
often advocate for browser user interfaces, which enable us to compete
effectively in the market.

Nathan.
at https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.