909 793-9050
petercdow@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:petercdow@xxxxxxxxx>
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

On 6/1/2020 10:11 AM, George Smith wrote:
First I want to thank everyone that posted a suggestion and I wanted to post a close to the question.

I finally removed the Where clause from my Declare statement and the program compiled. I started putting back the pieces until it quit compiling. I figured out I was nesting several Replace statements too deep (26). I can't remember what the depth is but I obviously exceeded it. I was attempting to replace any special characters from both my search argument and the field being searched . Oh well I will just trim it back to a main set of special characters and go forward.

Again, Thanks.

George R. Smith
Sr. JD Edwards Analyst

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Smith
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 3:02 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQLRPGLE doesn't compile

Well I have searched the archives for similar problems and have tried several of the suggested fixes to no avail. I copied an SQLRPGLE program that I wrote and successfully promoted to production to build a very similar program. The current program I am having problems with is not very complex and the pre-compiler seems to generate valid source without any errors but the CRTSQLRPGI command doesn't end. I have let it run for over 20 minutes (wall time) and it won't finish. I just recreated the original SQLRPGLE program and it compiled immediately.

If anyone has any ideas I will be glad to include portions of code but I didn't want to start out by including a 1000 lines of code in my initial posting.

George R. Smith
Sr. JD Edwards Analyst