Jack, I hope you don't take from my statement that I'm disparaging either OS/2 or EGL.  They were both fantastic achievements.  When we built the very first commercial client/server applications for IBM midrange systems we built it entirely on OS/2 and those machines always worked, and this was back in the 90s.  And to this day I still consider EGL to be the best 4GL ever designed.  It's the only truly platform-agnostic business language, and it bridged the gap between objects and records seamlessly.  The fact that you could define an EGL record that you could pass directly to RPG on one end and use to build a an HTML table on the other end seamlessly; that was as close to magic as I've ever seen.  Except maybe SEPs.  SEPs are the Michael Jordan of programming.

What I was saying is that IBM is the grand champion of creating the best tools in the world and then killing them off, usually because they can't figure out how to monetize them in a way that the pointy-haired bosses can relate to (i.e., not enough services).

But I'm not bitter.  Nope, not me.