got it work guys- basically modeling it after this example...

https://code400.com/forum/forum/tips-techniques-tools-announcements/tips-for-the-iseries-as400/689-validate-userid-password-qsygetph

thanks!

jay

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:04 PM Carel <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

d dsECBytesA 5 8b 0 inz(0) should be 4b

Op 20-5-2020 om 23:27 schreef Jay Vaughn:
still no luck... here is what I'm getting now... (g_pass is 128 - which
is
allowed on this i)...

d qsygetph pr extpgm('QSYGETPH')
d userId like(g_user) const
d passWord like(g_pass) const
d handle like(l_handle)
d errorCode 32766 options(*varsize)
d passLength like(l_passLength)
d ccsid like(l_ccsid)

d dsEC ds
d dsECBytesP 1 4b 0 inz(128)
d dsECBytesA 5 8b 0 inz(0)
d dsECMsgID 9 15
d dsECReserv 16 16
d dsECMsgDta 17 256

d l_handle s 12 inz
d l_passLength s 10i 0 inz
d l_ccsid s 10i 0 inz

// validate user/pass...
l_handle = ' ';
l_passLength = %len(%trim(g_pass));
l_ccsid = 37;
clear dsEC;
dsECBytesP = %len(%trim(g_pass));
qsygetph(g_user
:g_pass
:l_handle
:dsEC
:l_passLength
:l_ccsid);
if dsECBytesA > 0;
p_errMsg = 'User/Pass Not Valid';
return *on;
endif;

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF3CF1

Date sent . . . . . . : 20-05-20 Time sent . . . . . . :
21:21:47

Message . . . . : Error code parameter not valid.

Cause . . . . . : The format of the error code parameter is not
correct.

Recovery . . . : Correct the error code parameter and try the request

again. If you do not know the correct format for the error code
parameter,
see the APIs topic collection in the Programming category in the IBM i

Information Center, http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/infocenter/.

this really should not be this tough to validate a system user/pass... :)

any ideas?

Jay

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:44 PM Larenzo Alexander <
Larenzo.Alexander@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thank you.