Sounds like you got it all figured out.
Good luck.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Maria Lucia Stoppa <mlstoppa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just a bunch of reasons:
1) this project runs inside a VPN as long as the future ones, so no need
for https so far
2) a single running program like this may be scheduled to start/stop at
specific times
3) such a program may be easily debugged even by those who don't write full
free RPG programs yet
4) the analysis of this project is a work in progress with the client,
meaning routes and routes' parameters are still changing (with IWS this
means the whole configuration must be set from scratch every time such a
change takes place)
5) RPGAPI routes are much more similar to those in use among web developers
6) as arrays of arrays are implemented in many responses, writing JSON

In this first development stage, I follow both the Vue front-end and the
RPG back-end, and I am trying to code RPG service programs for them to work
when called both via IWS and via RPGAPI server to keep future paths open:
when the whole procedure will reach a good level of consistency, I will
consider how to enhance some developing aspects. The decisions I make are
not perfect, I know it, but I need to balance both the complexity that
comes from the client's requirements, which imply more innovative
solutions, and the current state of the art of ICT people and environment
in general.

Hope this answers your question.

Il giorno lun 4 mag 2020 alle ore 13:30 Jay Vaughn <