Or best, calculate the exact length of the iniziative array and multiply by 999

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Maria Lucia Stoppa
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 14:32
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Arrays of arrays

@Francois: I issed this part "And, redefine the iniziative array to a 65535 char variable and dsIniziativa dim(999) then move iniziative to dsIniziativa for each fetch".
I'll give it a try!

Il giorno lun 20 apr 2020 alle ore 20:29 Maria Lucia Stoppa < mlstoppa@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Thank you all!

@Raul, @DlClark: I supposed the issue could have been connected with
nidification.
@Charles: for each fetched agent a subsequent multiple rows select
would be done to fill in "initiative"; it's just under "(rest of the code)" tag.
@Charles, @Francois: true, the number of fetched fields is incomplete
because the "initiative" field is supposed to be filled in by code
that follows. Also, I tried to pass an empty dsIniziativa, but it didn't work.

So, I thought arrays of arrays could be managed by SQL, which is not.
I'll figure out how to manage the data layout to achieve my goal.
Thank you again.

Il giorno lun 20 apr 2020 alle ore 17:05 Francois Lavoie <
I noticed that the number of fields Selected don’t match the DS
definition

Select DS
trim(agn.ageagn) codice
trim(age.agras) nominativo
trim(age.agtel) telefono
trim(age.agmail) email
trim(agx.prpec) emailPEC
trim(agn.agegnz) agenziaId
agx.prdim inizioMandato
0 iniziativeAttive
?? iniziative

And, redefine the iniziative array to a 65535 char variable and
dsIniziativa dim(999) then move iniziative to dsIniziativa for each
fetch

HTH