Hello Nick,

Am 04.03.2020 um 17:09 schrieb Nick <nicola.brion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Wait. If you need to read from a *Specific* point inside the key, you have to use 2 keys, one for setgt and one for the readp (or a single key specifiying number of filed to use). If you just need to read all record that have that key, just use a single one.

A 'classic' example with orders row:

Setgt (OrdNum) OrdRow
Readpe (OrdNum) OrdRow

will read all order's row for the given order, while:

Setgt (OrdNum:100) OrdRow
Readpe (OrdNum) OrdRow

will read from highest row less or equal 100, and then down to lower one.

I don't think that works with V4R5 RPG, since there's no "free" and I can't remember to have additional arguments for SETGT allowed. Yes, really classic. :-)

Aside, the goal is after READE sets EOF, I want to to a SETGT on the last record, so I can properly READPE backwards. READ(P)E should be done with just one key field to only pick out the needed records, and set BOF/EOF when this subset of records is exhausted. But for repositioning at EOF, I need *HIVAL for a second order key. SETLL with just the first order key already places me at BOF (for the given record set).

Niels brought me on the right track. :-)

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc