Dear Mike,

For SSL-LDAP init should be adapted.
(and definitions in DCM have to be created) .

<Code_snippet>
If LDAPPort1 = 636;
DCM_Id1 = %trim(DCM_ID); // QIBM_GLD_DIRSRV_CLIENT
rc = ldap_app_ssl_client_init_np(
DCM_id1 : sslreasonCode);
If rc <> LDAP_SUCCESS // 0 or 112
and rc <> LDAP_SSL_ALREADY_INITIALIZED; // 2nd pass;CONN=OK
Msg = %str(ldap_err2string(rc));
Msg = 'init_np err' + %trim(msg);
CallP #MSGSND('NUL0901':Msg);
EndIf;

ldap_Id = ldap_app_ssl_init_np(
LDAPSERVER1
: LDAPPort1);
Endif ;

If LDAPPort1 <>636; // not(*SSL)== *STD
ldap_Id = ldap_init(LDAPSERVER1: LDAPPort1);
If ldap_Id = *NULL;
rc = ldap_get_errno(ldap_Id);
Msg = %str(ldap_err2string(rc));
CallP #MSGSND('NUL0901':Msg);
LDAPPort1 = LDAPS_PORT;
LDAPServer1= LDAPS_NTSVR;
EndIf;
EndIf;
</code_snippet>

Best regards, Luc

Luc PITTOORS
Informatica - Informatique

ABVV-FGTB | Hoogstraat 42 | 1000 Brussel
Tel: 02/506.82.37 | Fax: 02/550.14.11
Luc.PITTOORS@xxxxxxx | www.abvv.be

date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 13:18:18 -0600
from: Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
subject: Re: rpg connecting to LDAP

I have not used SSL with LDAP, sorry.

I'm sure its possible, you'd just have to figure out how from the IBM docs.