On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Paul Nicolay <paul.nicolay@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In order to digitally sign an XML message I need to "canonicalize" it first, however this seems a rather complex task (more info at https://www.di-mgt.com.au/xmldsig-c14n.html ). Generating the digest and signature itself is something I figured out I guess, but this is the last hurdle.

Sounds like something a lot of people have to do, and thus there ought
to be ready-made software to handle this.

I wonder if anyone has ever looked at this or found (and used) this link https://github.com/aosp-mirror/platform_external_libxml2/tree/master/os400?

I have not, and honestly I am kind of surprised no one else seems to
have chimed in. But if I were in your shoes, I would do this with
Node.js or Python. I am confident that there are canonicalization
packages for those languages, and installation is super-easy, with
their respective package managers (npm and pip).

John Y.