On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 at 11:42, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Delete key is of course not listed among the aid bytes.

5250 is known as a block mode device. That is to say it only communicates complete blocks of data - not individual keystrokes. Even when it appears to be responding to a single keystroke (say F3) it is still sending a block of data along with it. Think CA vs CF keys.

So keys like Delete, Insert, Shift, etc. are never transmitted - they are simply handled by the device - or these days of course by the emulator.

Keys that require a response from the host such as Enter, Page Up/Down, etc. are the only ones transmitted.

Right. We were thinking that the emulator could map the physical
Delete key to one of the AID-generating keys instead.

--buck