got it! and a working example... (but I still hate Cobol)

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1012943

thx Alan - happy friday

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:35 AM Alan Shore via RPG400-L <
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Agreed
I was just reading about that
Good luck

Alan Shore
E-mail : ASHORE@xxxxxxxx
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
‘If you're going through hell, keep going.’
Winston Churchill

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jay Vaughn
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 8:31 AM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] RPG Monitor, but for COBOL

alan i believe this link and the use of CEEHDLR is going to be my best bet
- no working example unfortunately

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzase/ilecond.htm

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:27 AM Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

that is for calls only...

if you look back at my example (and understand it), the monitor
"monitors"
ANY exception that occurs in the process() routine.

jay

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:20 AM Alan Shore via RPG400-L <