Not as such no.

An error like this on the CHAIN would normally occur during the "scattering" to use your term. i.e. as the fields were bing unpacked from the I/O buffer into the individual fields.

If you are allowed to, try it in debug on the original problem box and stop through the individual field moves (this implies of course that you have NOT specified NODebugIO). That at least would identify the field in question.

If indeed none of the fields are populated that would suggest that the first field is the one in error but ...

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com