Hi Thomas,

There are a few different solutions mentioned by different people in this
post so I'm not sure which program you are asking to share - which fits
your need best?

My own program was written a long time ago and mostly just to clean up my
own spool.
I use it as described in my first response.
The parameters allow me to specify a user profile and an OUTQ but mostly I
let it default to my own profile and ALL out queues.
It runs fast. I'm in the habit of using it frequently throughout the day as
I work.

You mention that you are trying to clean up job log files but I'm not sure
what selection parameters you want to apply.
E.g User that created the spool or age of the spooled file?
Could you potentially just clear a single OUTQ?

The DLTSPLF command needs:

- Spooled File Name
- Spooled File Number
- Qualified Job Name (Name, User and Nbr)

Depending on what version of the OS you are on, this information is easily
retrievable via the DB2 Services as described in the above posts -
certainly easier to get at than using the QUSLSPL Api.

However when I tried to use the OUTPUT_QUEUE_ENTRIES view using selection
of only USER_NAME it was very slow.
This probably wouldn't matter to you if you were just running something in
a JOBSCDE overnight etc but it wouldn't work for me as I use my utility
frequently throughout the day to get rid of my spool from compiles and
joblogs etc.

My utility is not just a standalone program though, it requires a service
program I wrote to perform all of the user space processing - creating the
space, retrieving the standard header to find where the list starts etc.

What is your criteria for deleting the job logs (what selection parameters)
and when/how do you see it being used?

regards,
Craig

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 at 21:25, Thomas Burrows <thomas.burrows.1957@xxxxxxxxx>