Ok...thank you....following up....

Both the XML and the RPG were only partial listings of what I'm actually
working with.
The actual XML content will have elements that I am not defining in the
data structure so I coded the allowextra.
The XML content also has elements that are not dimensions of an array that
may be missing data.

I understand how allowmissing=yes can be replaced by count fields on array
elements that may not be present in the XML.
Isn't allowmissing=yes still needed if I have stand alone elements not in
an array that may not have data?

As for the DS definition, I did not code OrderID as an array because I'm
not sure how to mirror the content of the XML I was sent.
That is my primary issue....how to define the DS to mimic the structure
I've been given.
It seems they have multiple OrderID, Brand and Division elements at the
same level without them being wrapped in parent tags.
If all elements associated with an OrderID were wrapped in <Order> </Order>
tags, I could define Order as an array in the DS.
But OrderID, Brand and Division seem to be stand alone under
<OrderInformation>, but there is more than 1 of each being sent.

I've removed the detail under <InvoiceOrderItems> in this snippet to better
see the structure.
I apologize if I am not explaining this well.
The only way I can see to define the DS would be defining each OrderID
separately and I don't want to do that.

-<OrderInformation>

*<OrderID>9000</OrderID>*
<Brand>MyBrand</Brand>