My advice:

Always consider yourself a software engineer, not just a coder. Don't just slap together something that "will work", but make something that will be easy to maintain over time, including adding new functionality, tweaking existing functionality, etc.

Don't fall into the trap of doing it the same as before.  I see this happening already, as you started your message with "I have 4 programs, 3 of which have screens".  No, no, no!  It doesn't matter how many programs and displays you have right now, not if you're rewriting it!   Instead, think about if there was nothing out there now and I had to do the same task, what would be the BEST way to design it?   Sure, look at the existing program for ideas... and yes, maybe they did it that way for a good reason, but...  don't think in terms of "anytime I have 4 programs, the new result should be X number of programs/service programs". Don't copy what exists just because it's there... THINK.  Engineer the best solution.

Think about:

1. anything that that's a "utility" that makes sense to re-use across multiple programs.  That should be obvious that it should be a subprocedure in a service program (I hope?)

2. anything that should can be tested independently of the larger program.  This is really important to having a robust application.  Anything complex should be callable independently of the whole application so that it can be tested by itself.

3. keep UI logic separate from business logic.  Each UI should be a separate service program or at least module. Many people today are writing one set of business logic, but multiple UIs for it... so your application might have green screen, printer, web, GUI and mobile UIs.  if you design it well, you don't need to rewrite anything except add a new UI onto it.  The MVC pattern helps a lot for this.

Looking at how other applications (I don't mean the one you're replacing, but rather well-designed commercial-grade applications) do things for ideas is often very useful, too.

-SK