Hi Booth

You can leave the display files separate - not to say it's the best practice, but it can be done this way - it keeps things tied together, module to objects it uses, for example. We have an app that was written for us that has 15 or 20 modules for different functions, each with its own DSPF. There is a driver module that manages everything - status variables, next operation stuff - this is probably more complex than to do when starting out, but maybe you get some idea. I driver/manager program might still be good in your case, just keep it simple, it could be a SELECT-WHEN using function keys or option values in each WHEN to execute your procedures.

I'm thinking separate modules, each for a given operation that uses 1 DSPF.

Have you looked at IBM's ILE Application Development Example? It's not in the Knowledge Base in the ILE section, it's in the PDF list there - link is

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/systems/power/docs/systemi/v6r1/en_US/sc415602.pdf?view=kc&origURL=ssw_ibm_i_61/books/sc415602.pdf

It is pretty simple, just printing out a list of objects or somewhat - it gives you a simple OPM program, then rewriting with ILE - code is not free that I recall, but that's easily converted these days, especially with Craig Rutledge's tools.

Regards
Vern