The statement for test could also be written as

If Not (XZSTAS = YES Or
XXSTAS = NO);
// If XZSTAS = Yes or No, will return TRUE. The NOT will convert to FALSE

EndIf;

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 5:49 PM Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you asking how to declare a constant. I have these in my standard
constants.

dcl-c TRUE '1';
dcl-c FALSE '0';

You could also declare

dcl-c YES 'Y';
dcl-c NO 'N';

If xzstas <> YES And
xzsta <> NO;
// do something.
EndIf;

DoW TRUE;

EndDo;

If xzstas is a logical value, you could

dcl-s XZSTAS Ind Inz(TRUE)

If XZSTAS; // If True.
// Do something
EndIf;

Not True.

If Not XZSTAS; // If not true.
// Do something
EndIf;

Function returning TRUE/FALSE

If TestSomething;
// Do something.
EndIf;

dcl-proc TestSomething;
dcl-pi *N Ind;
InOrderNumber VarChar(9) Value;
end-pi;

If InOrderNumber = 'SomeValue';
Return TRUE;
Else;
Return FALSE;
EndIf;

end-proc;

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Thomas Burrows <