Hi all,

I've been using quite a lot of GENERATED ALWAYS Integer Primary Keys and
typically store these values as hidden fields on Subfiles for passing to
Subprocedures to perform database maintenance and validation.

I would like to be able to define the fields as 4 byte integers on the
subfiles as that is what they are and how everything else defines them. But
this does not seem possible.

You would think that since it's an auto-generated primary key - it's value
can't be changed and therefore it could be defined as CONST in the
subprocedures and it wouldn't matter, but it happens that in the case of
record creation, the Primary Key is returned from the database subprocedure
and hence it can't be defined as CONST on the prototype or passed by value.

Am I missing something obvious?
I did briefly consider whether type G ( Graphic ) might work looking at a
compiled display file I can see that the type on the file is GRAPHIC, which
while it might be able validly hold all of the values for an Integer, is
still not an Integer.

Thanks for any comments / advice as always
Craig