You question is valid about wait but its the blessing of legacy code which
has been working for 20 years in a single thread :) we just broke it with
multi threading it...

Program sometimes keep the record lock over 60 seconds for some complex
logic and SOUNDEX like multiple searches on a table which has millions of
records and no body wants to touch it.. as this logic will be replaced in
future..