Hello Good afternoon,

This API validates if new password matches the security rules.
And returns an error message (if there is one) in an DS_Error

User enters an invalid password. Then the API returns the message Id
"CPF4AA7" in DS_Error.ErrorId

I know how to get the message text using RTVMSG.
But how can i get the *Message DATA Field value for &1 *part of the message
?

For example CPF4AA7 has this Message Text and value of &1 could be 16.
And value of &2 could be *MIXCASE1.

Message . . . . : Password value not valid. Reason code &1.

Cause . . . . . : The specified password value does not conform to the

password composition rule &2 specified by the QPWDRULES system value.
The
reason code indicates the problem that was detected with the password
value:

[image: image.png]

Here is my text version of RPG program :

d changePW PR EXTpgm('QSYCHGPW')
d @userid 10
d curpw 10
d newpw 10
d error 15

d ds_Error Ds 15
d BytesProvided 10I 0 inz(%size(ds_Error))
d BytesAvail 10I 0
d ErrorId 7

c callp changePW( userid :
c curpswd :