"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/01/2018 10:58:41
PM:
I have problem in processing the command which has these parameters
defined as below, getting garbage value in first 4 position of
parameter 2 LIBS1 which was earlier 2 when the LIBS2 parameter was
not defined in my validity checking program.

After defining the LIBS2 parameter I am getting the garbage in first
4 while I was expecting it to be first two bytes? Any one seen this
odd behavior?

COMMND XYZ

PARM.....
PARM KWD(LIBS1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) +
MAX(99) +
CHOICE('Library name') +
PROMPT('library 1')
+
PARM KWD(LIBS2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) RSTD(*NO) +
MAX(99) +
CHOICE('LIBRARY NAME') +
PROMPT('library 2')

Using MAX(99) means that the command processor will include a
binary count of the number of elements specified for those parms. If
nothing is supplied for those parameters then the binary value will be
zero -- but will still be included as part of the parameter. You must
allow for this.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark