For Black-and-White printing only, we’re using HP Laserjet M402n. Currently on sale for $169 at Best Buy.

For color laser printing, we’re using HP M477FNW.

So not only do the folks on the floor gets new, modern printers for their Window’s printing, it configures just fine as a standard 3812 printer on our AS400.

Note, we’re running on V7R2 if that matters to you. We bought on printer to test it first, worked fine first time and ran with it.

Here’s a link to the printer on HP’s website. If you look at the specs link, then “Printer Languages”, you’ll see it supports Direct-PDF. No other packages or middle-man processes needed.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laserjet-pro-m402n

Hope this helps.

Eddie