On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 1:38 PM Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Finally figured it out. JavaScript functions can have more than 1
parameter. Who knew?

Without context.. maybe anyone who's used JavaScript? :) I thought you
were talking about parsing JSON with YAJL in your last post.

I really appreciate the patience of people who are gracious with my
low-level of questions. I am convinced of two things: first, that the
iSeries can do a lot more than 5250, and second, that us old-school
programmers who key-punched our first RPG programs onto 80-column cards
can do a whole lot more than 5250 programming if we want to.

Welcome aboard! Walk before you try to run and you'll appreciate things
more in the long run.

In other words, I want to do an end-to-end project of expanding a simple
green screen application to offer a web page and a web service. I want
to do it with the tools readily available and avoid the fluctuating
fortunes of all the magical plug-ins and non-IBM proprietary products
geared for the script kidde market. And finally, have it work with
iSeries versions above V5R4.

Not sure what you mean by magical plugins and non-IBM proprietary tools,
but if you want to deal with anything in production that may require SSL
(which the the bulk of web pages and web services), you will need V7R2 and
above.