On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:10 PM Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This doesn't look weird to me at all. It is an XML document with an
element named 'string' that has another XML document passed inside of
it. I used to see that quite often back in the days when I worked with
XML web services often. (Today, most web services are JSON based.)

Isn't embeding XML inside XML normally done with CDATA?

I said it looked weird because the XML in the string container had escaped
delimiters <>.... what says to do that (ie make it escaped data vs just
another XML level)? I know not HTTPAPI... which is why I suggested the
server was probably doing it. That is, unless it's meant to be that way.
Then yes, it should be treated as data... but it sounds like originally it
was not.

And the only thing that the OP mentioned changed was the server (from on
site to web service). Not HTTPAPI or his data he's sending. Yes, he did
mention sending to the IFS vs in the program, but I doubt that is the issue.

But a format where one XML document is embedded inside a tag of another
XML document is not uncommon. And, please don't blame HTTPAPI for
it... this is what the web service is sending you... HTTPAPI isn't
changing it. (It has no code capable of doing that.)

I don't think that was directed at my reply, but it no way did I intend to
say it was HTTPAPIs fault. Dealing with all my GETURI customers I know
where you're coming from. I always say GETURI (or HTTPAPI) "is just the
phone... it doesn't care about the conversation".