I have to interrogate the data back from the exit point in the RPG program to determine if the statement is allowed. Complex statements can return many rows so it appears I may be locked into the cursor to use the UDF as I need it.

The rows returned are not “consistent” to say the least, but what I have to get back are the statement type (query/update/etc) and tables involved. Fortunately I can drop the test if the user making the access is not permitted any ODBC work but once that test is done the RPG needs to decide if the statement is allowed based on type, user, and table.