is your system CCSID 65535? Or are you working with a old table created
when the system CCSID was 65535?

Fix that...

Charles

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 2:18 PM Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am getting an error:

Character conversion between CCSID 65535 and CCSID 1200 not valid.
SQLCODE = -332

??

On 8/18/2018 6:56 AM, Birgitta Hauser wrote:
Just use the SQL Functions HTTPGETCLOB (in Schema SYSTOOLS) in
composition with the XMLTABLE or JSON_TABLE Table functions, depending on
whether XML or JSON is returned, in embedded SQL
Define a cursor or a SELECT ... INTO or a SET Statement to receive the
data.

In the following example a webservice is accessed with the SQL functions
and the result it read into a CLOB variable.
Since a CLOB variable is a regular RPG variable, you can use tools like
YAJL for consuming the JSON data.

DCL-DS PGMSDS PSDS Qualified;
MsgTxt Char(80) Pos(91);
MsgTxtShort Char(50) Pos(91);
End-Ds;

DCL-S GblCode VarChar(25);
Dcl-S GblName VarChar(25);

DCL-S GblErrMsg VarChar(50);
DCL-S GblDocNode Like(YAJL_Val);
DCL-S GblArrNode Like(YaJL_Val);

DCL-S GblIndex Int(10);

DCL-S GblClob SQLTYPE(CLOB: 1000000);

//*******************************************************************************************
Exec SQL Set Option DatFmt=*ISO, Naming=*SYS,
CLOSQLCSR=*ENDACTGRP;

//*******************************************************************************************
*INLR = *ON;
Monitor;
Exec SQL
Set :GblClob = SysTools.httpGetClob(
'https://pkgstore.datahub.io/core/'
concat

'country-list/latest/data/json/data.json', '');
If SQLCODE < *Zeros;
Exec SQL Get Diagnostics Condition 1 :GblErrMsg =
MESSAGE_TEXT;
Dsply GblErrMsg;
Return;
EndIf;

GblDocNode = yajl_buf_load_tree(%Addr(GblClob_Data):
GblClob_Len:
GblErrMsg);

DoW YAJL_Array_Loop(GblDocNode: GblIndex: GblArrNode);
GblCode = Yajl_Get_String(Yajl_Object_Find(GblArrNode:
'Code'));
GblName = Yajl_Get_String(Yajl_Object_Find(GblArrNode:
'Name'));
Dsply (%Trim(GblCode) + ', ' + %Trim(GblName));
EndDo;

On-Error;
Dsply PGMSDS.MsgTxtShort;
EndMon;

yajl_tree_free(GblDocNode);
Return;

In the next example multiple data is read from a webservice with
embedded SQL:
DCL-S LocURL VarChar(4096) CCSID(1208);

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitor;

LocURL = 'https://....&api_key=' + APIKEY + '&.....';

Exec SQL
Declare LocCsr01 as
Select x.*
from JSON_TABLE(SysTools.HTTPGETCLOB(:LocURL, ''),
Columns(...)) x;

Exec SQL Close LocCsr01;
// SQLCODE or SQLSTATE can be checked here

Exec SQL Open LocCsr01;
// SQLCODE or SQLSTATE can be checked here

DoW ...
Exec SQL Fetch Next From LocCsr01 into :LocDSCsr01;
EndDo;

Exec SQL Close LocCsr01;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
(Les Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training
them and keeping them!"
„Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so
they don't want to.“ (Richard Branson)