"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 07/20/2018 08:48:24
AM:
----- Message from "Therrien, Paul" <ptherrien@xxxxxxxxxxx> on Fri,
20 Jul 2018 12:43:42 +0000 -----

"RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RE: Window erasing background screen issue with service program

Tried the code below.
Found that the system determined that the screen size is *DS3 (80
Columns).
This did not fix my issue.
However. While in green screen debug - I noticed that when the
window pops from within the debug display, the window pops and
leaves the debug screen in the background whether running the
program via a service program call or a direct call from the command
line.
So I think I am chasing ghosts at this point and I am going to leave
this issue alone.
Either it resolves itself or it becomes an issue again and I will
revisit it.

Just a note: when I forced the screen with DSPMOD(*DS4) the window
pops and erases the underlying screen always. So I think, Booth,
you are on to something.

Booth, thanks for the code. I will add it to the tool box.

Paul

I know this is a little late, but I've been busy and I'm just getting
caught up on email.

I have seen this at times when the "background" DSPF is not set to
RSTDSP(*YES). IBM's command entry display is RSTDSP(*NO). If you set up a
quick program to put up a DSPF with RSTDSP(*YES) and then try calling the
pop-up window, see if that works the way you expect.

(NOTE: I don't recall where I originally found that setting RSTDSP(*YES)
on the background DSPF helped. It was many years ago.)

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International